Tuesday 10 June 2008

Fame - it's gonna cost...

Yesterday was a beautiful day in old London. In celebration I cracked open a beer, sat on my balcony and watched the world go by. My peace was shattered around 4pm when a gaggle of schoolgirls starting screaming with delight. 'Oh My God' they yelled 'I can't believe it's you'.

Who was the object of this adoration? Who was surrounded by about 20 girls and was posing for photo's by the bra stall...............a movie star? a well known athlete? a music artiste?

I had to peer really hard. I sort of recognised her. It was Carol from last years Big Brother

Which got me thinking - what makes people worthy of fame these days? Is it talent? Is doing something extraordinary? Is it appearing on TV for five minutes? What would Andy Warhol make of it all?

No comments: