Monday 19 May 2008

Mondays are the pits

I slept in this morning - in my defence my alarm clock broke over the weekend and the replacement I bought wouldn't wake anybody - let alone a person who could (and does) sleep through earthquakes.

My first appointment was at 9.30am. I woke at 8.45am. I was going to be late so rang to tell the woman so - I was honest about the reason (no point making up stuff about broken washing machines, tell the truth). We rescheduled for 11am. I ran a comb through my hair, drank coffee while cleaning the cat's litter tray, managed to spit toothpaste on my shirt (so had to change), grabbed my briefcase and headed toward the door. Tripped over the cat and banged my head on the coat hook (ouch), got out the door, down the stairs and hurried along the road - realised I had forgotten my oyster card, went back and got it.

Hurried along the road again. Waiting to cross the road, woman steps out and gets hit by a bus. I, being prime witness, am delayed further by police requiring a statement. Give up on meeting with woman. Phone her and apologise and promise I'll be in touch to reschedule.

From now on I shall boycott Mondays. Let it be known by all humanity that I will no longer acknowledge Mondays as existing.

That is all.

Except to say that the woman hit by the bus was perfectly fine. I would not be so callous as to moan about my misfortune if I had seen someone hurt........

No comments: